About Victor

I am a catholic, currently studying business management in the SIM and planning to major in business finance. I am also in Economics society and Investors club

I will be taking real estate courses in July to make some capital so as to fund my investments. Basically, I will be a full time student/full time property agent/part time trader in the mid term.

I enjoy drawing Japanese anime, read mangas and watching anime. I have a large collection of mange titles. I like Japanese music, soothing instrumentals and R&B to keep me energetic.

Traveling is my passion, besides tasting delicacies from around the world; I love nature and like to climb mountains. Snorkeling, scuba and kayaking are among the water activities I enjoy. I am also very fascinated with the Japanese culture and will want to visit the land of the rising sun again.


Saturday, March 15, 2008

Joanna Wang: an ATM affair

yesterday, when i was waiting for my friend to withdraw cash at the atm at raffles city, i heard a very nice english song it was deep & beautiful and came from the a quaint little cd shop behind the dbs atm machine.

the song turned out to be "Now" by Joanna Wang. this taiwanese songbird has a very unique and deep voice- and guess what? shes only 19!

personally, i love blues and jazz so her song was a treat for me. so far, i haven't seen many taiwanese female singer with a combination of deep voice, perfect english and perfect jazz.

i personally think that shes like a taiwan version of Norah Jones or Yoko Kanno.

these are the reviews by other taiwanese artistes:

David Tao
Joanna 的才能是上帝賜給他的天份。而我們的耳朵也終於有福份,可以聽到一個有靈魂的聲音。
朱衛茵
身為DJ二十年,難得有一個聲音在第一個瞬間就感動了我。
她讓我想起了The Beatles, Linda Ronstadt,讓我想起很久以前那個最初的自己。
林暐哲
在Joanna的歌聲中,我聽到輕而易舉的感動,更聽到睥睨一切的驕傲。
張懸
既像咖啡有的濃郁又有酒精能帶來的醉意。
讓我們聽歌的耳朵一邊被沁透,一邊生出溫熱。joanna. 她的聲音,真是美得不得了。

heres the video of "Now" but the chinese rendition really doesn't do her justice, go get her cd, REMEMBER; its JOANNA WANG!

here's her vid and my imeem player should be playing her soothing songs.


Now


another of my recommendation, "The best mistake i've ever made"

No comments: